Crash Landing On You: A Bibliophile POV


Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-Ri
Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-Ri
                        
Your most loved Korean drama featuring your most loved thing in the world? What could be better than that lovely duo?!

As one of the most watched show on Netflix, no one could deny the chemistry between Ri Jeong Hyeok (Hyun Bin) and Yoon Se-Ri (Son Ye-jin), that could bring enough electricity to North Korea, that's overpouring through the 16 episodes of love. 

As for me, a hopelessly romantic book lover, there is one thing that's been capturing my heart and eyes, that is: BOOKS.

Maybe it's just me...

From those stacks of books inside Ri Jeong Hyeok's room to some piles of books, which I suspected as some series of classic encyclopedia, in his living room.

Whatever it is, all books deserve equal love!

Here it is, from yours truly! 💖

We love a conscientious guest who digs deep into our bookshelves... or do we?

Yoon Se-Ri inside Captain Ri's room

You know, bibliophile can sniff some stacks of books from a mile away. As for me, even since when I was little, I would check someone's bookshelf everytime I saw one, I didn't care enough whose house it was.

Although we didn't see Yoon Se-Ri reads that often (she's a chaebol aka wealthy business heiress, duh!), those fanatic booklovers surely know how it feels, not to check someone's bookshelf: smells like an impossibility!

P.S. We honestly hate it when someone does the same to our bookshelves.

I really cannot not focusing on those big old hard-covered treasures.

This is Captain Ri's living room!
 
What are they?! Are they some antique books that's been passed from Captain Ri's great great grandparents? Are they those big old phiosophical books? Or is it something historical? Ah, my mind!

We love a handsome, tall, cool, kindhearted, talk through action guy who loves to read!

Captain Ri's reading before sleep

I mean, who does not?!
Look at him! He comes prepared!

Two or three books in his hanging side table, also equipped with a reading lamp. Reading before sleep must be a habit for him!

Or maybe he's just trying to be more perfect, as he should.

What a perfection!

As soon as I saw this scene, I know... he's my ideal soulmate 😇
This is gonna be an inspo for my future bedroom. Noted! Thanks, Captain Ri!

Not everyone can remember their entire collections!

What this girl is talking about?

"What? My books are dark? What kind of dark is she talking about?"
"Dark humor? Dark fantasy?"
"Does she even know there are dark fantasy, urban fantasy, low and high fantasies. They are all different!"

What is dark, anyway?

It's alright, Mr. Ri. We get you.

To have a future father-in-law with most wonderful bookshelves...

Se-Ri in front of her father-in-law library

Naw, naw, naw!

Se-Ri met Jeong Hyeok's father, who is a high official, who happened to be the owner of two or more wonderful shelves contained with multiple paradises!

Does he really read all of them? How can he buy books? Does the government liberates their people to buy books? Do they sensor some books? HOW?!

However, we already saw how they even measured women's skirt length, with our lowest sense, is that possible to buy books that contain alien ideologies?

You know, it's North Korea.

When you find your boyfriend more charming, after you find out his enchanting bedroom/library.

Could he be more lovable?

Um, can I have one, please?

After kidnapped by her future father-in-law and seen by her mother-in-law how big her love for Jeong Hyeok, Se-Ri was brought to Jeong Hyeok's bedroom aka MY MOST FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD!

Most wonderful view of the year

Yup, this is an actual photo of my speechless reaction after finding out Captain Ri's room, which immediately becomes my dream bedroom!

Thank God, I am not Yoon Se-Ri. Otherwise, I'd rather be killed in North Korea, but after I finished reading all of these books!

C- Can you leave the room, please?

May- May I be your daughter-in-law already, Ma'am?

Thank you for bringing Jeong Hyeok into this world and letting him have this wonderful oase inside his bedroom!

To be an insomniac at the right time and place.

Don't you dare to sleep, Se-Ri!

After I saw Se-Ri had to sleep there, I screamed inside, "DON'T YOU DARE CLOSING YOUR EYES, SE-RI!!"

How dare you having the urge to sleep while you are there? Sit up your lazy and unmotivated self. Look around and pick a book!

That's my girl.

Now, that's my girl. 

Don't fall asleep. Find something. Read something.

Good girl.

Amazed, aren't you?

That's how you are supposed to feel!

Look at those beauty! Still talking about dark books, huh?

Most beautiful cinematography, imo.

This is another actual photo of me digging around someone's bookshelf, except that I wil make sure to touch the books, the shelves, everything.

It is his drawing book.

Just imagine, how calming it is, reading with low light, with your big bookshelf behind you, always camera ready?

Invasion of privacy.

When I say, find something to read, I don't mean Jeong Hyeok's drawing book. Find out what he loves to read. Does he into economy? War strategy? Leadership? Chick-lit?

I, Nona Halmahera, solemnly swear that I could and would never sleep if someday I have to spend a night in this room.

Oh, to have breakfast and conversation with your future mother-in-law... in your boyfriend's bookish bedroom.

Always camera ready this room.

I don't care what they are talking about. How these two sides bookshelves with a window in between made my heart blooms beautifully.

Imagine, Se-Ri and Jeong Hyeok have their breakfast everyday like this. Looking outside the window, only to find out the spring is almost here. 

Oh, my.

To have a girlfriend that takes care after your books.

By author, size, color, year, or genre?

Maybe by his name.

I told you, I want one!

Tbh, don't you dare touching my books!

Mother-in-law: Why do you want to marry my son?
Me: I take care of my books.

<3

Maybe by thickness.

Mother-in-law: Why do you want to marry my son?
Me: I am a professional at keeping my bookshelves tidy and clean.

Bibliophile perks: Sending cryptic love message through their books.


As cheese as it sounds, I could not hate anything related to things I loved most in the world. 

Yoon Se-Ri managed to clean up Ri Jeong Hyeok's bookshelves before she left North Korea.

Don't lie. I know we would do something if someone does that to our bookshelves: take a picture and post it to social medias!

To have a romantic date in your boyfriend's bookish bedroom.


Me when I see hard-covered books.

Ri Jeong Hyeok then found out Yoon Se-Ri was in his family home, along with his parents.

Maybe if he is just like another ordinary guy, he would be ashamed that his girlfriend came inside, or even sleeping, in his room. As the old saying goes, a boy's room will always look messy.


Me when I see someone touches my books.

Why? Must you ask?

It is because our Captain Ri is the most perfect man in the world. So perfect that you'll immediately realize he is a fictional characted and you won't bother hoping to find one in the real world.

Romantic book dates.

He didn't care about the world until Se-Ri crash landed unto him. 

Books are always his escape.

We hope, he can live happily forever with Se-Ri, along with his books. Hopefully, nothing will change, but happier.


PS. Please let me know it you remember Korean dramas with many books visible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment